Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Am I a (Momentary) Sports Jinx?

In the last few weeks, the two sports teams I (actually we, as in Val and I) am a fan of and am following in this blog, the Buffalo Sabres and the University of Wisconsin men's basketball team, have gone into slides of sorts following long stretches of strong play.
In fact, the Sabres were the top team in the NHL for a while and, despite losing four of their last five games, remain in the lead in their conference, while Wisconsin was ranked number one in the nation for a short while and is currently ranked number 7 after losing the Big Ten Conference championship game to Ohio State Sunday.
It's hard not to occasionally write about my two favorite teams, and of course nothing I write about them affects their play, but I am starting to wonder if I'm not helping things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home