Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Change Is Gonna Come at Buffalo Rising

I received this e-mail from former Buffalo Rising editor Charlie Quill late Friday morning:

"Charlie Quill"

Date:
09 Mar 2007, 11:33:21 AM

Subject:
Last email you'll ever get from me...



...at this email address.

As some of you may know, I am no longer with Buffalo Rising. I can be reached at xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com or xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com .



Best,
Charlie

--
Charlie Quill
Editor

[+] click: charlie@buffalorising.com
[+] visit: http://buffalorising.com
[+] call: 716.563.5132

26 Mississippi Street
Fourth Floor
Buffalo, New York 14203

Buffalo Rising: Local matters.
a publication of Hyperlocal Media, LLC

I did not know of the change until I read this e-mail and I have no idea of the why or how, or even of the exact when and who, but this seems unfortunate. I worked with Charlie during my journalism career and have been a fan of his work in various print and Internet outlets. Quill is also well-known as an excellent guitarist for the Steam Donkeys and formerly with Dry Bones.
I will send along more information if/when I receive it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home