Sunday, February 18, 2007

Paging Some Good Books

I've always been interested in the reading lists of fellow bloggers, particularly Jennifer and Jaquandor, so I figured that it was time to let you readers in on some of my recent reading selections.
I am currently reading two books: at home, I am reading "Dream Boogie: The Triumph of Sam Cooke," by Peter Guralnick (one of my favorite writers, music or otherwise), and for work and occasions such as oil changes, doctor's and therapist's offices, I am about to start reading "Homage to Catalonia" by George Orwell. I am about to start reading this because yesterday, I finished "The Destruction of the European Jews" by Raul Hilberg, the 340-page condensed version of his about 1,200-page, three-volume work.
Hilburg's book is amazingly good, one of the best I have read on the Holocaust, blending many angles and avenues in a scholarly but still highly readible manner.

1 Comments:

Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Except for the most recent selections! I thank you for the shout out :)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home