Sunday, December 24, 2006

Nice Holiday Note

I was doing some final weekly and holiday grocery shopping at Wegmans earlier today when I heard the strains of several songs from the "A Charlie Brown Christmas" soundtrack.
I could immediately tell it was a piano playing live and not the recorded soundtrack, so I hunted for the origin of the sounds until I saw a white piano in the general merchandise section. I couldn't see who was playing the piano from that angle, so I walked down the next aisle and peered over my cart.
To what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a player piano, which ended up playing the entire soundtrack, possibly my favorite Christmas/holiday music to possibly my favorite Christmas/holiday special (the only other that comes close in either category to me is "How the Grinch Stole Christmas"). Several of us smiled at each other and continue shopping with lighter, happier steps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I overhead a couple Wegmans clerks complaining that they were "sick" of the aforementioned player piano.

'Tis the season...

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home