Friday, December 22, 2006

New Restaurant, Take 3?

The recent history of Just Pasta, at the corner of Bryant and Ashland a block away from Elmwood Avenue here on the West Side of Buffalo, has been a bit rough. After the original, somewhat upscale restaurant closed, a newer version with the same name opened, allegedly to appeal to more mid-scale patrons, but it, too, closed without apparently catching on with customers.
The restaurant, which had been closed for a couple of months, is a block or block and a half away from our house, so I pass it frequently while taking Walker Evans for his walks. This week, I noticed that not only have workers been painting and renovating part of the interior, but a banner sign has been posted, announcing that coming soon is "Trattoria Aroma."
I have no further information yet, and I am aware of Cafe Aroma with locations on Elmwood Avenue and Main Street in Amherst, but I do not know if there is any relationship between them. I will let you know when I find out more about this development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home