Sunday, December 24, 2006

Pizza, Wings and ... Champagne?

The Hosey Dunne Estates is less than a mile from La Nova, one of my favorite pizzerias and wing restaurants. I know some people believe that La Nova is overrated, but I disagree; I have given up red meat for the most part, but I still often crave and eat a good cheese and pepperoni pizza from there, and their barbecue chicken wings and barbecue chicken subs are great.
Anyway, with Val and me in no mood to cook tonight, it was takeout time. Having had pizza at work last night and at the Democratic holiday party we were at the night before that, Val did not want to turn into a slice, so she ordered Chinese food (curried chicken and onions). I picked that up, and on the way home, I got a barbecue chicken sub from La Nova. I always order it with a container of bleu cheese, which makes it a virtual double order of barbecue chicken wings at a lower price.
As I was paying for my sub, a man I believe was one of the owners came up to me from behind the counter and handed me a bottle, saying "thanks for your patronage and Merry Christmas."
The gift he gave me? A bottle of La Nova Champagne.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home