Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Working Today

Like a decent amount, but certainly not all of you, I will be working a full day today, the day before Thanksgiving, and it isn't so bad.
First, it is a very busy and important day at work, so a lot of major items need to be accomplished and a session will be held. Indeed, I may be contacted at home throughout tonight for work.
But also, I have never had a job, going back to journalism, Wilson Farms and retail, at which I have had more than Thanksgiving off, and indeed, especially with journalism and Wilson Farms, I have worked a lot of part or full days on Thanksgiving. It is simply the nature of the jobs, and while you'd rather be home, you know what has to be done.
In addition, Val is not only working today, but has to work Thanksgiving again this year; it is certainly the nature of her employer. Fortunately, because she is working Thanksgiving, she will not have to work on Christmas or New Year's Day.
Enjoy your holiday and families and be safe, fine readers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I know exactly what you mean - I've worked Thanksgiving and most other holidays most of my working life.

I managed at Wilson Farms for many years and every Thanksgiving my family would make up a dinner plate for me, pile in the car and drop off my mini-feast to eat at work... I have a great family!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yeah, Jill, holidays are truly that when you get/earn them; I have done the Christmas thing, too, at, you guessed it, Wilson Farms.

That was very nice of your family to share Thanksgiving with you at work; since my family was in the suburbs and I worked at the Wilson Farms at Elmwood and Auburn, things had to wait for me until I got out and drove there.

Back then, the Elmwood/Auburn store was the only 24-hour, 7-days-a-week store in the chain. Due to that and our clientele, we were nicknamed "The Zoo" in the company. I rather enjoyed working there.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home