Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Bit More Contrast

After describing yesterday's gorgeous sunrise, looking out my window this morning produces as big a change as possible (well, except if it was a bit colder).
The rain is coming down, so there is no visible sunrise yet, and barely any color at all. I see dark and slightly medium purple as well as navy blue and black skies, and I can hear the rain coming down, steady if not too hard, and my fingers feel a bit chilled.
Hopefully, the rain and chill won't bring on the arthritis I have and get in my fingers and hands (and occasionally other joints), and even more so, I hope the rain ends before I come home and take Walker Evans on his neighborhood jaunt. A chilly, wet and smelly dog who probably thinks the same about me won't make the house any better this evening.
And yes, the gloomy morning seems fitting following the Buffalo Sabres' 6-2 loss to the Florida Panthers last night; a crappy game all around.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

See, that's where our environments really color our perceptions. Rainy mornings are a treat around here.

I hope your day brightens, literally and metaphorically.

P.S. I talked to my mom yesterday; she couldn't say enough good things about the get-together with everyone.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

6-2 loss, like that makes any difference.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Becky; I keep forgetting the goal after the empty-net goal for Florida.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home