Monday, August 25, 2008

We Return You to Our Lame Programming

Now that the 2008 Summer Olympics have ended, it appears that we and most people will return to our "normal" television viewing, or lack of viewing, habits. With "The Office" still in reruns, I am trying to come up with a reason to watch NBC-TV programs, possibly the Democratic and Republican National Conventions.
We go back to viewing new episodes of "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report," and have been watching "Countdown with Keith Olbermann." Otherwise, it is NBC News with Brian Williams during dinner and "Antiques Roadshow" and "History Detectives" on PBS, and non-television music.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report." We have such a hard time regularly watching anything, but we try to catch those. And Olbermann. Love him. I'd been watching "Countdown" for a while on my own and figured Aaron wouldn't be too into it (recall that his person politics aren't unlike my dad's, and you can imagine why I'd think that). He mentioned liking Olbermann the other day. It was a real moment for us.

It's usually animated shows during dinner for us. Sigh.

7:22 PM  
Blogger val said...

Way to go Kim- Aaron liking Olbermann- that's huge!
I'm surprised that Kevin didn't mention our animated obsession; Family Guy.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Wow, that's true, hon. I guess "Family Guy" has become so much of our daily affairs that is is second nature.

Seriously, Kim and other kind readers, Val and I are repeating way too much of the same "Family Guy" dialog simultaneously without prompting, even when eating.

I agree with Val on congratulations on your Aaron/Olbermann work, Kim.

10:57 PM  
Blogger heather said...

Kristina and I can hardly wait for "Ugly Betty"!

Sunday nights, Mike, Tom and Kristina always gather for "The Simpsons". I can't let Tom watch the "Family Guy" yet, although I have caught hime a few times watching it in secret!

2:31 PM  
Blogger val said...

OH YEAH! Ugly Betty!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home