Sunday, August 24, 2008

Olympic Organizers, Meet Theodore Geisel

Watching some of the closing ceremonies of the 2008 Summer Olympic Games, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the wheeled drums in all sorts of arrangements and carriages being pulled by volunteers. It looked exactly like the instruments in parts of Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" television special; I was looking for the tamtooklers.
Val and I both remarked on the similarities, and almost fell on the floor laughing when we saw the "bicyclists" riding in the almost dark with lighted wheels revolving above and below them, just adding to the Dr. Seuss effect.
And when the female dancers appeared with rows of bells on their arms, Val quipped, "I bet those are made in China."
I'm still not sure what to say about Jimmy Page playing along with "Whole Lotta Love."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home