Thursday, June 26, 2008

Somehow, I Made It

Yes, the drama of the coffeeless/fasting ordeal to have blood work done has passed, and I am still here, only the more tired for the wear.
My appointment was at 3:10 p.m. yesterday, so I got there at about 3 p.m.; the waiting room was overly crowded and loud, and it turns out that one of the two workers had to go home early, so only one person was handling things. People and their appointments got behind, too many not only used their cell phones but talked loudly and freely about medical issues and other topics I had no interest in, and when I got in, the person looked at me wearily and asked, "Do you have your medical insurance card ... I hope?" Her eyes lit up when I said yes, and she was thrilled I was able to actually read the card and give her the numbers on it. I finally got in and out for my five-minute appointment at 4:23 p.m.
What was the first thing I did? I went right to SPoT Coffee on Elmwood Avenue and got a grande caramel macchiatto and consumed it rather fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home