Monday, May 05, 2008

Didn't Make It Through Overtime

I watched as much of the Dallas Stars' 3-2 quadruple-overtime win over the San Jose Sharks to win that NHL Stanley Cup playoff series, 4 game to 2, last night/this morning, but I gave up and went to bed after the second overtime, with today being a work day. If it had been the Sabres playing, I would probably have tried to go the whole way.
Dallas' win means that two of the four teems I was rooting for in the previous round won, with the Pittsburgh Penguins advancing after knocking off the New York Rangers. No, I do not hold the "no-goal" scored by Brett Hull when the Stars beat the Sabres in the Stanley Cup Finals several years ago against them; even if Hull's goal had not been allowed, the game would still have been tied in overtime and Dallas would still have been ahead, 3 games to 2, at that point, and if Buffalo had won that game, the series would have headed back to Dallas.
And no, as you can tell, I'm not really overly interested in former Sabres winning the Stanley Cup, except for the classy Stu Barnes. The overrated (in my book) Brian Campbell and Mike Grier? Big deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home