Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Emerald Isle Runs Deep

At work today, the body I work for honored the Rince Na Tiarna School of Irish Dance, particularly the four dancers who just returned victorious from the World Championships of Irish dance in Belfast, Northern Ireland, and their leader, Mary Kay Heneghan.
As part of this honor, three of the four dancers (Kevinah Dargan, the first Buffalo dancer ever to win an international gold medal in Irish dancing; Fiona Dargan and Erin Lynch) were able to attend and performed, wonderfully, I might add, for the legislators. As they danced, I first smiled in appreciation of their talent, and I noticed my eyes first misting up and then tearing.
Admittedly, I was wearing my green and navy striped tie that was made and purchased in Ireland and a green and white Ireland lapel pin I bought in Galway when Val and I visited Ireland on our first anniversary in 2003.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home