Tuesday, July 03, 2007

You Can Quote Me on That

During some of my political volunteering two weeks ago, when I returned to the HQ building to turn in my sheets, I was handed a small survey to fill out by Liz Burakowski.
When I handed mine in a minute later, she looked at my name om top, smiled and joked, "Hey, you're the guy who is making me and my friends say 'yambag' all the time." She picked up the word from my usage of it during live hockey threads on Bfloblog; Liz and her friends, many of them season ticket holders, check out Bfloblog during home and away games, but don't contribute yet because they are text messaging each other during games.
I chuckled and told her that I couldn't take credit for starting the use of yambag, even on Bfloblog, because Chris, known to most as BuffaloGeek, introduced many of us to the fine word/phrase (is it one word or two?).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, the legend of the yambag grows...

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Hmm, a growing yambag ... legend. Is there a chance you know something I don't know?

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home