Friday, September 12, 2008

Looking Back at 9/11

Work was pretty busy yesterday, but while I didn't write about it, the events of the 9/11 attacks/tragedy will always stay with me.
I was in the newsroom at work, and while we usually had the radio on a news station, the television wasn't right in our immediate area and the radios were either not on or on different stations when one of our editors, Sean P. O'Neill, came in and said that a plane had just hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center. We either turned on the radios or rushed to the television, and joined the world in watching the horrors unveil themselves.
I knew that a few friends from college worked at or near the World Trade Center towers, but heard nothing about them that day, so I was cautiously hopeful. Sadly, that next morning, I got a call from Stu Herlan, a Buffalo State College friend, saying that Stephen Hoffman, a friend, colleague on the United Students Government, opponent on the intramural sports fields and floors and incredible person, who worked at Kantor-Fitzgerald, was missing and presumed dead. Things were a blur for the rest of the day and Stephen was, indeed, one of the victims.
There is little, if anything, I can say that is new on the World Trade Center attacks, and nothing I can say that will make things better for the victims or their families, so I say little about 9/11 and hope it nevers happens again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home