Sunday, December 02, 2007

Paging McAdoo, McMillian and Kauffman

I went over to my mother Sheila's house Saturday to take her and her 12-year-old orange tabby, Molly, to the veterinarian (happily, everyone is doing fine/better). A nice surprise awaited me.
Just before I left Mom's house to come back home, she said she had something for me she had previously mentioned to me to take home, but I had forgotten it. She then came out of one of the bedrooms with the medium blue background, orange and black lettered and insignia bearing Buffalo Braves pennant that used to hang on my wall when I was a somewhat snotty, basketball loving adolescent.
As well as just being thrilled to have it back, it brings back great memories of when my late brother Brian, a few other revolving friends and I used to attend lots of Braves' games, always buying orange seats (unless we were feeling rich and buying blue seats) and often sneaking down to the golds or reds. As soon as I find the tacks, this is going up in our media room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home