Monday, November 05, 2007

A Holiday Musical Travesty Returns

With the holiday season here in full force (and too early, as has become the practice), we can welcome a lot of good and bad, but to my ears, the worst is the return, and subsequent playing to death, of music and commercials for and featuring the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
Again, while people can like what they want to listen to, I can also dislike it, as I do; it is bad enough how awful awful, wretched and derivative the music is (Progressive rock with more bombast than usual playing holiday classics? How innovative.), but the advertisements don't do much good for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra when they claim originality, etc.
The music is even bad even compared to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, something I barely believe my hands are typing but true. And yes, there is a Buffalo connection (a leader or founding member whose name I could not find during two Yahoo searches), so I will write that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra will play in Buffalo November 25. I'm sure I have something to do that day and night (two shows being played).

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I liked Emerson Lake & Palmer! But I'm no conisseur.

By the way, I remembered part of the name because I went to school with a Kinkel, and found the rest:

"Robert S. Kinkel (South HS, 1975)

Music director and founding member of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra"

From the Williamsville HS Hall of Fame:

http://www.williamsvillek12.org/district.cfm?subpage=997

2:49 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Connoisseur - I meant to fix that before publishing.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Egads... now I have that damn radio commercial stuck in my head.

Thanks a lot Kevin.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home