Friday, July 27, 2007

Radio Across the Dial, Universe

I will return to my college radio stomping grounds, WBNY-91.3 FM at Buffalo State College, for a show from noon-3 p.m. tomorrow, Saturday, July 28. I thank Andrew for his kind offer to ask me to handle the shift, which is tough to fill during the summer while some students are home from school.
As always, it will be a great time, and I am taking in a bunch of music to play and to supplement the station's library. You can listen on the Internet if you are out of town or you have a tough time picking up WBNY; just click here and follow the instructions.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this past Saturday afternoon I was guiding the family Grand Voyager
up the 290 N towards le Grand Island and our eventual destination: a
lovely respite @ Fort Niagara State Park, when it occurred to me that
I should swap radio channels from Tina Peels' Laker-07 to our own Alma
Mater...Buffalo States Y-91!

I was taken aback by the lilting tones of Mr. Sinus-Wizard himself,
Kevin Hosey at the wheels of steel! K-Hose explained to the masses (I
think their might have been 16 people listening at the moment) that he
was an alum filling in, delivered a beautifully enunciated set list,
read a PSA like the champion greyhound that he is, and I was just
beginning to enjoy his 'roots music' selection when the radio
receptions' eventual fade became drowned out by the incessant yelping
of my three boys as they spotted Martins Fantasy Island on the east
side of the hardtop.

Wow-wee, what a blast from the past! That man can flatten the letter
'A' like nobody's business! It was great to hear ya! Way-2-go Ho-Hose!

Yer Pal,

Cal

11:10 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks, Cal; I believe few people can deaden an A sound with such nasality and snark as I can.

I felt I sounded better Sunday, as my next blog item and comments on the WBNY alumni group explain.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home