Saturday, June 16, 2007

Resiliency, Thy Name Is Carla

It shouldn't be too surprising that through the death and remembrance of musician/artist extraordinaire Mark Freeland, that people are inspired to go beyond what me may think is to be expected of them.
Val and I went to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery to see and hear the presentation and talk of Magnum photographer Ken Heyman last night; I dropped Val off near the door and parked the car.
When I met up with her, she was talking to someone who looked familiar but I kept telling myself it couldn't be, but it was; the person was Carla (Levorchick), Mark's partner for many years. Carla seemed in amazingly good shape; while she told Val she was "really out of it," Carla was very clear, intelligent and calm. What we spoke about will remain private, but Val and I have to smile knowing not only how much strength Mark gave Carla over the years, but how much strength Carla gave Mark and continues to give the rest of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home