Friday, June 01, 2007

I'm So Tired, I'm TIred of Waiting ...

One of the Internet sites I visit most, WNYMedia, has been undegoing changes and is about to debut its new self; sadly, it has been a couple of days since the site has been "under construction," and as of last check a few minutes ago, it was still not back in operation.
Fortunately, after being out of action, at least some of its blogs are again accessible, including Buffalo Pundit, All Things Jennifer and Buffalo Geek. I urge you to check them out if you don't already.
For another take on WNYMedia's situation, check out what Jaquandor has written.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

As of 8:45 pm, all I'm getting is the "Hey, check back real real REAL REAL soon!" notice on any WNYMedia blog. I know that running a media empire is hard and all, but I'm getting the distinct impression they picked a target date and tried to keep it whether they were ready or not. I could be wrong, of course, but this is not inspiring confidence. An updated "Here's what's going on, folks" would be helpful.

And to think, Donn Esmonde called the Bass Pro thing a "big box store" in the paper today, and nobody's online to call him on it! Aieee!!!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all the slowness complaints about our last host, we moved to a dedicated server at MediaTemple.

Well, let's just say that was probably the absolute worst thing we ever did. The whole experience was a nightmare and DNS propagation to the new server took forever.

We moved back to the original host and we should be up soon.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Thanks for the update, Geek, and man, I'm sorry to hear of all of the crap you people are going through right now.

Jaquandor, like you, I was unable to access the site or blogs so far today (Saturday).

3:34 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Still, the graphic is so much prettier then the 2012 Olympic one..

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Ha; I just saw that new London 2012 Olympics logo, Beth, and it is hilariously horrible, and I love Piccasso.

5:23 PM  
Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I like the olympic logo, and you can read about this and more at my *I can't believe how much I miss my blog so I have overrun my *writing* blog with All Things* instead over at www.perchancetobe.com

The end.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home