Friday, May 18, 2007

Some People Get It, Some People Don't

While Walker Evans and I were on Bryant Street in front of Women's and Children's Hospital during his walk today, something surprised and disappointed me.
A car parked there displayed a Philadelphia Flyers' hat; I checked the rear license plate, which was a New York plate bordered by a Flyers' frame. Ugh. Shortly after that, on Hodge Street, hope was restored when I saw a parked car with a Buffalo Sabres' hat in it and a Sabres license plate frame.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Do you have a second job at Sorrentino's Sports? A goali friend of mine asked to have a Flyers logo put on a jersey & the clerk looked at him as if he were from Mars.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Well, on top of me being a Sabres' fan since their first season, Val has relatives living in eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey who are serious Flyers' fans and tried to give it to us for the Sabres' bad fortunes a few years ago.

As you might imagine, Val and I have had the upper hand the last few seasons in these matters.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home