Saturday, May 05, 2007

Yo Soy Muy Stupido

After a day of driving to and back from my sister Heather's house in Wayne County (Walworth, to be exact) for my nephew Tom Keenan's first communion party, Val and I came back to Buffalo at about 4:45-5 p.m. today, Saturday.
After I walked and fed Walker Evans (he seemed peeved we spent a great Saturday afternoon without him), Val and I tried to figure out where we would go for dinner. Val made a suggestion and I made a counter suggestion, Gramma Mora's on Hertel Avenue, which Val said was her next suggestion, so we went there.
When we got there, we noticed that the parking situation was much worse than normal, which we attributed to the kid's birthday party on Norwalk Avenue that had one of those inflatable jump areas or whatever you call them on the front yard. We eventually found a parking spot not too far away and walked to Gramma Mora's.
The patio was pretty crowded for the coolness of the early evening, and when we went in Gramma Mora's, every table was taken and the bar area was mobbed with people standing and sitting, with two parties called out and taken to their seats.
"Aw, crap. Honey, I think I know what's happening," Val said to me. "What's today's date?"
""It's ... May 5. Oh, geez, May 5; Cinco de Mayo," I sheepishly replied, finally realizing why Gramma Mora's was so crowded and how dumb I was forgetting the date.
We ended up having a good dinner across the street at Taste of Thai.

2 Comments:

Blogger Prego said...

Yeah... Fortunately I spent the Gringo de Mayo at a friend's in NT. I saw the collateral damage in front of Cozumel Sunday morning, too.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Kevin J. Hosey said...

Yeah, I had a feeling you weren't celebrating the holiday, Prego. And do you mean the piles of puke, empty bottles, torn clothing and vehicle accident detritus in front of Cozumel?

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home