Monday, October 03, 2005

Are you ready for some schlock?

I started writing these entries during halftime of Monday Night Football (Val went to bed; the former Wisconsin resident was not happy at Green Bay trailing Carolina, 23-7), so it is appropriate I mention my annoyance with their musical selections.
First, no, I am not a fan of Hank Williams Jr. (I guess talent skipped a generation), so his continued bellowing of the MNF theme as a slightly changed version of one of his drinking/buddy songs with too many dumb looking fans and cheerleaders doesn't make me want to tune in to the games early. But who decided than Tim McGraw's "I Like It, I Love It" was a good song to play during halftime while highlights of Sunday's games are shown, or, really, at any time? Damn, I will make my lunch for the next day, set the table for breakfast, mow the lawn, grout the bathtub, go in to work 10-12 hours early or even replay any George W. Bush State of the Union address to miss this steaming pile of musical crap, or, indeed, any Tim McGraw song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home