Sunday, July 16, 2006

Fruit salad, got your fruit salad here!

Bloggercon IV was officially a blast. We were even written about in The Buffalo News (of course, Kevin and I were too late to be in the story). It was, however, a fine picnic -thank you Kelly (Byzantium Shores) for suggesting it. I knew about the LOTR references! As Jen (All Things Jenifer) mentioned, we did close down the picnic, well, 'cause then we could procrastinate about the cleanup (that was an awfully big jar of relish!), and those of us who know how to talk were practicing our craft...
I did find out more details about things that I have been mildly interested in, but after conversation, am now obsessed (a word Kevin likes to use about me). Thank you, Geek (Chris), for making "Old Home Week" one of those things. Seems a lot of us bloggers are in the job market....
Also had a great conversation with In Da Buff Chris about the Sabres new logo (yuck, see previous post), the playoffs (we did miss the Bfloblog team- we talked about you) and how the open threads put a whole new aspect to the Sabres run this year, and other things. Speaking of the open thread, it was good to finally meet Red, who was a very, um, entertaining participant. Besides being a great conversationalist (and FINALLY letting us meet his family), Alan (Buffalopundit) tasted (sorry) the "Fruit Delight", donated by SpeakupWNY, which will be the running joke for at least the rest of the summer.
Finaly got to meet the Punaro's -I think next time we'll all get shirts like Derek and Amanda-it does beat nametags! Though I don't eat pork (stupid MS), I know Kevin loved your (now famous ) pork loin, Scotty. Red, had you stuck aound, maybe you would have gotten leftovers...
It's really fun to see everyone. What is really cool (and I got to read all of the blogs before I posted...) is that people here all started blogging without even knowing what a great bunch of friends we'd make......

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen(nifer) said...

:)

Aww....tear to my eye. Maybe I am just thinking about the over abundance of fruit salda I have lef tto eat! Let's see who finishes first!

It was always ALWAYS fun to hang out with you my friends...

Great roundup Val! And yes, I did spend a large part of the evening waiting for thos photos to come up! :)

12:52 PM  
Blogger LC Scotty said...

Hi kids!

It was great to see you two again. I had a card from somone associated with an organization dedicated to helping buisinesses start in South Buffalo, but I can't find the durned thing. Maybe it's at work.

The only way to beat the "good ole boys network" is to start a "good ole talented folks network".

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Red said...

Val, it was a great pleasure to meet you folks. When I started my blog, I had no idea that I would get to meet good people, too. I have, and it's a blessing!

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home