Sunday, April 09, 2006

Game, part II

OK, Kevin just blogged about the bad things about Friday night's game. Quoting Adam Gearing of the Outlyers, I tried to stress to him that the journey is the thing. Enjoy the good things. We were in the 10th row- we're 300s all of the time. This was not our usual view. For instance, the two goals that the Sabres did get were RIGHT in front of us. We showed up early and watched up the warm up skate and saw all the players close up . Sabretooth came down from the rafters on his rope a few (give or take) yards away. We saw a few hits on the glass right there! We got to see a power play close up. Besides the splitting headache from the "perfume" in front of us (see Kevin's post), and of course, the loss, I had a lot of fun.
I also had a special moment. During the 2nd period, Sabretooth was in our section. For those of you who don't know me, I have feelings for the Tooth. Kevin understands..... So, Sabretooth is running down the stairs to bang on the glass. I yelled "Tooth"!!!! and stopped him in his tracks. He looked down the row at me (I was in the 4th seat), and I yelled "You Rule!", and gave him two thumbs up. He took both paws and threw me a HUGE kiss. I reciprocated (my hands are small compared to his paws). It was magic.

1 Comments:

Blogger LC Scotty said...

Hi Kevin and Val,

It was really great to meet you guys at the Bison's game last night. We missed you at Pearl Street afterwards. Looking forward to the next one.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home